Elk Grove performers have an opportunity to captivate a crowd of hundreds through the “Elk Grove’s Got Talent!” spotlight at the Hot Summer Nights concert series. The Cosumnes CSD Parks and Recreation is seeking local acts interested in performing during the concerts’ 20 minute intermissions. Prospective acts must audition on Monday, June 20 at 6 p.m. at Laguna Town Hall (3020 Renwick Avenue).
Acts submitting interest applications on or before June 17 will be given priority for auditions. Applications are available at www.yourcsd.com and at the Wackford Community and Aquatic Complex (9014 Bruceville Road). Walk-up auditions will be considered, time permitting.
Guidelines for auditions are as follows:
• Auditions are open to any age and any talent that’s appropriate for a family audience;
• Applicant must provide own sound or work from our small sound system;
• Auditions are limited to three (3) minutes per act;
• Parent/guardian must be present for performers under the age of 18;
• Parent/guardian must sign application if performers are under the age of 18;
• A panel of three judges will judge the following: Stage Presence, Presentation, and Talent. Decisions made by the judges are final.
Four acts will be selected for intermission performances – one each evening on August 5, 12, 19 and 26. Performers must comply with the following provisions:
• Tentative performance time is 7:30 p.m.
• Performances are limited to 20 minutes, including set-up time.
• Performers must provide their own sound or work from the CSD’s battery-operated sound system.
• Stage space is NOT available. Performances will be held on the dance floor/grass area in front of the stage.
The Hot Summer Nights concert series offers FREE concerts every Friday in August at Laguna Town Hall by the CSD Parks and Recreation Department. The concerts attract 600 - 1,000 guests each night. For more information about the series lineup, visit www.yourcsd.
For questions about “Elk Grove’s Got Talent!” auditions, contact Brita Geiger at (916) 405-5345 or BritaGeiger@yourcsd.com.